Monday, October 17, 2011

Starting a new blog

I have been disappointed I haven't kept up with my "farming" blog. I wanted to use it to show what life on the farm is like. Well, now I decided to start a new one to possibly show what life with 6 people in a house is like. This includes kids ages 6, 4, 2, and 6 months! Never a dull moment.


I used to think I sort of had most things under control, except meal planning which I think I will always struggle with. The last month I feel that everything is out of control. Before, I at least had a somewhat picked up house even if the kids were somewhat out of control. Now it seems it's all disorganized and running a muck all on its own!


I keep saying I need time to get things figured out as far as a schedule and discipline. I read books (when I have time) and find good ideas, but I have trouble implementing those ideas. I don't have the energy to change things even though some things need it. I am in continual survival mode with little hope of actually changing things. It doesn't help that 6 month "A" doesn't nap longer than 20-30 minutes at a time unless being held.


It is hard when other people know and see the struggles we are having with our son, the 4 year old. I feel judged by some that we aren't even trying with him. We are! I need time to devote to finding what is going to work with him. I can't even type this without many interruptions and tears!


I don't know how often I will get to post. Maybe nobody will want to read what life in a Household of 6 is like. Maybe I can use this to process (vent) things for myself. I am not looking for answers or too much advice from others. I will try to keep things positive, but real.

2 comments:

  1. Real is good, even though it isn't always "pretty" from the world's perspective...
    Hope it helps to know that there are others in the same "lonely" stage. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing is very therapeutic! Just be you....and enjoy it FOR you! You are doing a great job with the kids! (hee hee hee...and the hubster!)

    ReplyDelete